Do you know that people can sometimes make an opinion of you based on how your hand looks like? This may seem impossible but this is true. Through your hands, people can take note if your skin is still healthy and elastic. As people grow older, it is normal for the hands to become less elastic. It may start to look dry.
The thing about hands is they are one of the least covered parts of your body. When you transact with other people, they will most likely take note of your hands. They can do so much for people but they are not given the care that they deserve. Take a look at your hands now.
Do you think that they are well cared for? They may need special care in the summer too.
For women, getting manicures are not enough to make the hands look amazing. There is still a need to make use of scrubs and other materials that will keep the hands soft and smooth.
The things that will be mentioned below are the different tips you can follow to have soft hands even in the summer:
1. Keep your hands moisturized
There are different things you can do to keep your hands moisturized. In the morning when you wake up, you can place hand cream or hand lotion first. This is also the same thing that you have to do in the evening.
From time to time, you can exfoliate your skin with the use of a good product or you can also create your own exfoliator.
2. Try not to let your hands become exposed too much to the sun’s heat
If you normally protect the rest of your body with sunblock and after sun sprays after you have been exposed to the sun for a long time, you should not forget your hands too.
When you place sunblock on your face, you should place sunblock on your hands too.
3. You should also use gloves when you do some activities around your home
When you do laundry or when you wash dishes, you may be making your hands rough because of the chemicals. You can always wear soft gloves when doing some household chores.
This will give your hands the protection they need.
4. When you do some activities, try to keep your hands protected too
It is true that gloves are often worn in order to improve your overall outfit but gloves can be useful when you are doing some outdoor activities like hiking.
Just imagine, you have to sometimes go on all fours just to reach certain places. Your feet are protected by your footwear but what about your hands? Before you do any activity, make sure that your hands are protected too. It will make a huge difference.
5. Use scrub on your hands from time to time
Your facial scrub is not only helpful for your face. Your hands would also need to be exfoliated especially if it feels a bit rough. You will start to notice that your hands will start to become softer afterwards.
Home Remedies to Try
If you are dealing with rough, dry or darkened areas on your hands, here are some of the hand home care remedies that you can try:
1. Lemon Juice
Lemon juice is known to be effective not only in whitening the darkened areas of the hands, it can also be great in getting rid of the calluses you have acquired because of the different activities you did.
- Use fresh cream and mix in sugar.
- Place a few drops of lemon juice.
- Massage your hands until the sugar granules have completely dissolved on your skin.
2. Almond Oil
The thing about almond oil is that it has the ability to nourish your extremely dry hands. If you feel that your dry hands look a bit old and wrinkly, you can make use of almond oil. For sure this will be effective in making your hands soft and supple again.
- Mix almond oil with egg yolk and honey.
- Once you have mixed everything properly, massage the mixture on your hands.
- Leave the mixture for about 10 – 15 minutes.
- Wash off the mixture with warm water.
- You will immediately see and feel the difference.
3. Coconut Oil
This is probably one of the favorites of people. Coconut oil is known to be helpful for a lot of skin issues and your dry and rough hands can be remedied easily as long as you would use coconut oil correctly.
- Create a coconut oil mixture with petroleum jelly.
- You may have to melt them both first then mix them.
- Let them harden a bit.
- You can apply it on your hands especially after doing some chores. You will notice that your chapped hands will be cured.
4. Apple Cider Vinegar
This is known to be effective in so many ways. Aside from being able to prevent various diseases, this can also be used to make your hands softer and smoother.
Just remember to dilute it first otherwise it will be too harsh for your skin.
- Place ACV in a bit of water.
- Mix well together.
- Put on gloves.
- After a few minutes, wash off the solution with warm water.
- Dry with a soft towel.
If you are wondering where you can purchase glycerine, it is usually available in some drug stores and specialty stores. This has always been known to be good for the skin.
There are other ingredients that you have to mix with it in order to make it effective in making your hands soft and smooth.
- Mix the glycerine with egg, honey, garlic and powdered barley.
- Mix well together before applying on the hands.
- Let the mixture dry on the hands before removing.
- Once dry, it can be washed off with warm water.
Based on the things that are mentioned above, it is evident that there are a lot of things that can be done in order to improve the condition of your hands.
As long as you would follow the above mentioned tips, you will have healthy and smooth hands for the summer.